KNOW WHAT TO DO:CPR
IT CAN BE AS EASY AS A- B-
<![if !vml]><![endif]>A - AIRWAY
- Place victim flat on his/her back on a hard
- Shake victim at the shoulders and shout
"are you okay?"
- If no response, call emergency medical system -911
- Head-tilt/chin-lift - open victims' airway
by tilting their head back with one hand while lifting up their chin with
your other hand.
<![if !vml]><![endif]>B - BREATHING
- Position your cheek close to victims' nose and
mouth, look toward victims' chest, and
- Look, listen, and feel for breathing (5-10
- If not breathing, pinch victim's nose closed
and give 2 full breaths into victim's mouth (use microshield).
- If breaths won't go in, reposition head and try
again to give breaths. If still blocked, perform abdominal thrusts
- Check for carotid pulse by feeling for 5-10
seconds at side of victims' neck.
- If there is a pulse but victim is not
breathing, give Rescue breathing at rate of 1 breath every 5
seconds Or 12 breaths per minute
- If there is no pulse, begin chest
compressions as follows:
- Place heel of one hand on lower part of
victim's sternum. With your other hand directly on top of first hand,
Depress sternum 1.5 to 2 inches.
- Perform 15 compressions to every 2
breaths. (rate: 80-100 per minute)
- check for return of pulse every minute.
<![if !supportEmptyParas]> <![endif]>